Teen Ambassadors are high school sophomore, junior and senior volunteers who represent Chesterfield County and SAFE as an ambassador of goodwill. As a representative of the county, ambassadors are public figures bringing the positive message of living a lifestyle free of alcohol, tobacco and marijuana use. Ambassadors will have the option to receive training and education on the harmful effects of substance abuse to the community. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to represent the county on task force groups, at public events and/or provide friendship to elementary-aged children after school to deliver substance-free messages and help with homework. Teen Ambassadors will have photos taken at events to be used on the Chesterfield County Government website, the SAFE website and the Chesterfield County School website. Photos may also be used on Facebook for these organizations as well.
- Serve as a positive role model for the county
- Believe in and live a substance free lifestyle
- Share the message of living a substance free lifestyle to prevent and reduce substance abuse in the county
- Desire to make our community a better place to live
- Attend initial interview
- Attend one initial Teen Ambassador training
- Participate in at least one of the service opportunity positions
- Maintain ongoing contact with Teen Ambassador coordinators
- Community-service hours for college application and membership in service organizations
- Free trainings with lunch or snacks included
- Certificate and letter of participation
- Opportunity to work and serve with professionals within the county and state
- Preventing substance abuse together
For more information, contact Sherry Callear at 717-6404 or email@example.com
All Teen Ambassador Mentor applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Selected applicants will participate in trainings at Chesterfield Mental Health Support Services located at 6801 Lucy Corr Blvd., Chesterfield, VA 23832.